This is a simple STEM activity to do with your kids and introduce them to measuring and recording rainfall over a period of a week.
- Cut off the top of a plastic bottle, and set aside.
- Using a ruler and a pen, mark the cm up the side.
- Add a few heavy stones inside the base to avoid it falling over.
- Take the top part of the plastic bottle and place it upside down, inside the bottom half and secure with tape.
- Now you are ready. Try measuring the amount of water that falls during a period of a week. Which was the rainiest day?